Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 850 6-Way Tilt Hose Connector Woes

Ben Thomas · 2021-07-14 21:19

Wonder how many here have a straight 850 Case with a six way blade? The hydraulic connectors that come through the front bumper for the tilt circuit are all rusted out. One actually rusted out several years ago and my dad decided to run a new line and poked it out the front by torching that hole you see in the photo. Now another line is rusted out and I decided to do something a little more permanent and cleaner. My plan is to cut a rectangular access hole that will be smaller than the footprint for the front guard. I will then run the additional hydraulic hoses from the rear control valve along the inside of the frame and out the new access hole. I will then fabricate a flat plate to install three bulkhead connectors into and that will get bolted to the bumper along with the hose guard. This will look much cleaner and allow the lines to be easily accessed and serviced in the future if needed. Wondering if anyone has had any similar issues in what you did for solution. Any thoughts appreciated.

Replies7
  1. #1Ben Thomas2021-07-18 20:38

    Progress on my project.

  2. #2Ben Thomas2021-07-20 18:01

    More progress for those keeping up:

  3. #3Bluox2021-07-20 18:37

    You kinda missed the original point of having bulk head fittings in that position. Bob

  4. #4Ben Thomas2021-07-24 19:57

    Only if I were a contortionist. Really had no interest in pulling the radiator to try service the old hard lines that are in poor shape due mud, sand and other debris. More progress.

  5. #5Ben Thomas2021-07-25 09:30

    I removed the small section of the belly pan. That pile of dirt that came out would probably fill two to three 5 gallon pails. ​

  6. #6Ben Thomas2021-07-25 20:39

    I removed the small section of the belly pan. That pile of dirt that came out would probably fill two to three 5 gallon pails. ​

  7. #7Ben Thomas2021-07-25 20:43

    Must be all the 850 peeps are out running their dozers. Just about wrapped this project up. New lines worked out great. Just have to fix the hose cover.