Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 850 g track adjustor seal

bsamot69 ยท 2021-09-03 16:23

Hello, I am attempting to replace the seal on the track adjustor on a CASE 850 g dozer. I separated the track and started pulling the assembly with the grease nipple and chrome shaft. After pulling it a few inches I stopped to consult you all. Is there anything else I need to disconnect, undo separate before pulling this thing apart? It looks like the entire unit is coming off. Is that what is supposed to happen? Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1Master Link2021-09-03 21:50

    The yoke and cylinder are one piece that is bolted to the idler blocks. The piston slides into the cylinder. The piston should pull right out of the cylinder. See if the below link will work for you. It shows an exploded view of the setup. https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/c...blies/cn/81A66E81-8FBF-E111-9FCE-005056875BD6

  2. #2bsamot692021-09-20 14:31

    That is exactly what happened. Thank you, the dozer is up and running