Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 850b

jakela94 ยท 2018-08-02 21:44

hi, I have a case 850b with the 336bd that I just recently cometed an inframe overhaul on. I was wondering what the oil pressure should be at idle cold. Full throttle and hot idle. Any help would be great thanks

Replies5
  1. #1Tinkerer2018-08-02 23:07

    What weight oil do you have in it ? What pressures do you have now ? I will have the pressures for you tomorrow from a 301bd with about 400 hours on a complete rebuild. Both motors share the same specs.

  2. #2jakela942018-08-02 23:21

    I have northland 15w40 in it. Not sure if this particular engine calls for this weight of oil, used it merely because we use this in all of the rest of our tractors so please correct me if I should be using something else. And I have about 52 lbs at idle when first started cold in I'd say 75 degree weather and 27 lbs when it's good and warm granted it only pry has 45 minutes of run time after overhaul. Thanks for your help

  3. #3jakela942018-08-02 23:24

    * full throttle never really gets over 52-55 even when engine isn't completely warmed up, and seems to stay there when warm, but will fall to 25-27 when returned to idle

  4. #4Tinkerer2018-08-03 19:01

    15w-40 is what I use also. 5w-40 in the winter. I think your pressures are fine, depending on the accuracy of the gauges. I put new Auto-Meter brand gauges in my tractor when I did the rebuild. My pressures are 52 psi. at idle speed when I started it this morning. 57 psi, at 2450 rpms at operating temp. 47 psi. at 750 rpms (idleing) at operating temp. I had the crankshaft polished when I did the rebuild. It looked like a new one and the machinist said it was well within specs for std. size bearings. I looked in my service manual and there is no reference about oil pressure psi..

  5. #5jakela942018-08-03 19:16

    Okay well that's good to hear then I won't worry about it then. Evidently ours has been overhauled before at some time in its life because we ordered standard bearings for it and pulled the old ones out and they were 10 overs. Crank checked out good so we just through 10 overs back in it