Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 850B Dozer Motor Trouble

Farmer123 ยท 2020-02-19 19:54

Hi there, new to the site but looking at buying maybe a 850B - early 1981 based on serial number. Tracks, bushings, pins, sprockets in decent shape ~80%; it had a new radiator and water pump put in it recently a few years bad. Hydraulic hoses are decent, 6-way blade is worn but not horrible, cylinders are all good, has ROPS, it smokes like a freight train and the injector pump is leaking oil at around the throttle shaft pretty bad, seems like that just started. Upon checking it out I pulled oil filter off to get a oil sample and found anti-freeze. Oil was changed 6 months prior, almost no use but it was sludgy and again I found anti-freeze in the oil. The owner was initially concerned but had no proof of the matter until I found this. After looking around in various forums I understand this should have the CASE 336BD motor in it I believe but correct me if I am wrong. I want to use it around our farm for some various fence row clean ups, and dirt leveling, etc.. What is this thing worth? or should I run like heck and never turn back? Where is the antifreeze coming from? Leaking o-ring on the sleeve or?? Can a guy get buy to just pull 1 cylinder, replace o-ring and keep going or we looking at whole rebuild? I will use it for ~100 hrs per year as a guess. Thanks so much in advance for providing me some direction..

Replies0

No replies yet.