Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 850B pto HP

Andy K · 2024-08-07 10:30

Hi everyone I’m new to the site and can’t find what I’m looking for using the search function so hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction. I have a Case 850B and been looking for the pto hp. I have 5acres of corn in the field since last fall that needs picking. Neighbor was going combine it for me but always has an excuse about not getting to it. I’m done asking and bought a picker/sheller and a wagon. It’s in a wet spot so I’m thinking about hooking up the new idea picker/sheller and dragging it through the field but I don’t wanna break anything Thanks, Andy

Replies8
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2024-08-07 15:55

    That's not a PTO drive it's a winch drive. You'll have to either get a hydraulic pto or a tractor that will do your job.

  2. #2Andy K2024-08-09 14:10

    Thanks for the reply. I figured if it runs the 20gpm hydraulic pump for the backhoe attachment, it could run other implements as well.

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2024-08-09 14:44

    The 36 backhoe for the 850 runs off the machine hydraulics.

  4. #4Andy K2024-08-11 15:30

    Thanks again for straightening me out. I got some bad info about the BH attachment from a guy at work.

  5. #5Welder Dave2024-08-12 00:56

    Even if you found a hyd. motor to run at PTO speed off the backhoe hyd's, I think you'd have a serious issue with the oil over heating running constantly. The backhoe on my Cat has a hyd. temp. gauge you can monitor when operating the hoe. Unfortunately it doesn't work but it's not very often I'm running flat out for long periods. The only time I run full throttle is when the throttle won't stay at about 80%. The throttle is a twist type on the gear shift and has an over center detent for full throttle. It sticks at lower rpm's sometimes too so I have to be ready to pop it in neutral so I don't run into something.

  6. #6Welder Dave2024-08-12 14:13

    LoL

  7. #7MG842024-08-12 18:46

    That is a bot/AI, I reported it and it should be removed. MOD EDIT - You did and now since you posted here I normally would have to remove your post along with WD's as they are now orphan. Instead I'll leave them here as a reminder - PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO SPAMMERS. Once a post is reported we can deal with it and there are no orphaned posts in threads. Thanks.

  8. #8Welder Dave2024-08-12 20:23

    I didn't reply to it directly. I replied to the thread.