Hi, I was hoping to get some good info on changing ALL the fluids in my loader. I've read a lot of posts Saying to change all of the fluids when you don't know when they were last. Trans fluid, use TCH no problem there ,I was wondering about how to flush the transmission any ideas? I have purchased ALL new filters for the machine. Next question is on engine oil I read it should be straight 30 weight oil any suggestions? Hydraulic fluid again I read to use TCH also? 50/50 mix on the coolant? Thanks for any info you can supply, John
Anything else I should look into would be a great help, just got delivery on it recently.
I would change out your final drive lube, it holds 7.5 qt each side and is a 85/140EP spec. Your engine oil holds about 10 qt with the filter change, a good 30 wt that meets API CC/CD or CD oil (turbo), and API CC or CC/CD with out a turbo. Your trans holds 8 gal TCH and the hyd tank holds around 12 gal.. Your cooling system holds around 11 gal. The only other thing is to clean all breathers, flush the brake system ( I would do mine ) most people would not. Belts and battery connections, water levels, wash/blow out the rad core, belly pans cleaned out. Drain off the fuel ( water ) in the tank, clean the pump bowl and screen. Fix any leaks you can.
Great info thanks a lot