Hello, I'm servicing my 84 Case 850C, and looking for some help locating the trans filters. According to the parts diagram, I believe I've found the suction screen, but so far I'm unable to locate the other two filters. Also, yet another question about suitable trans oil. Tractor Supply Traveller 590901 is a 10w30 universal tractor trans/ hydraulic oil and states that it's suitable for use in equipment that specifies ms-1210(tch). Is there any reason I shouldn't use it? Thank you very much for any help.
The main transmission filter should be located under the LH floor plate. (#21) These are the only 2 - a filter & a screen (#5) Re the oil - I like to use a mainstream oil company brand. A straight 10W trans oil is what is usually required, however in warmer weather (as in Australia) use a 30W.
Thank you for your reply on the filter and the oil. I did see the filter in the circuit diagram, I was thrown off by the filter diagram. It shows a screen, and two different element filter canisters...#6-13 and #14-21. I suppose it must be an "either/ or" scenario, meaning the machine could have either of the canisters. Again, thank you for the assistance. I found the screen by removing the belly pans. I hadn't removed the floor yet, Haha. Thanks again!