Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 550H transmission pressure loss

Bearhead · 2021-12-29 18:11

I was running my 550H in the dark and ran into a stump in 4th gear. Lost all gears and transmission gauge reads close to zero. I check underneath and didnt see any huge amounts of oil leaking out, but it was dark and I had to leave for other tasks. The machine is not in a user friendly area What would be the most obvious thing to look at first? Thanks in advance

Replies3
  1. #1mg23612022-01-03 05:07

    If you remove the floor board is the driveshaft turning?

  2. #2Bearhead2022-01-03 08:22

    There is no shaft, straight into the x2 hydrostatic pumps and then hyd pump. I think it’s the torsional dampener on end of flywheel that has said hello. I should have it apart this week if the weather allows.

  3. #3mg23612022-01-03 11:50

    OOPS! Sorry, was thinking of a "G" model.