Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 850D spacers on front roller frame bolts

dandugi ยท 2021-10-06 01:21

I removed the roller frame, will replace with new bolts. The front inner bolts are 3" and have spacer/bushings on them, the rest of the frame bolts are 2" and do not. Is there any reason for this? Or can I just go with the same bolts used in the rest of the frame? New spacers are $45 each from the Case dealer. I can't see any reason for them, other than the head is raised higher off the frame maybe to keep it from rusting faster. See image.

Replies10
  1. #1Midnightmoon2021-10-06 05:45

    That's odd does cover 21 slide on top of the bolt? I've always used short bolts on other case models. Maybe the bolt is tight to the cover so its raised for access? You could make a spacer from something else.

  2. #2Bluox2021-10-06 11:14

    Isn't that where the hard bar bolts to the track frame ? Bob

  3. #3dandugi2021-10-06 13:40

    Cover #21 is not on this machine (I've looked at dozens of 850D images on google, and none of them do). In any case, the bolt heads do not touch or interfere with it. There is no relation. I'll get a pic of it on the machine today and upload.

  4. #4dandugi2021-10-06 13:40

    This model does not have the bar, the roller/track frame is hard bolted to the machine frame.

  5. #5Dave Neubert2021-10-06 15:03

    I would just bolt it up with the shorter bolts. I don't see any stress issues some times they will use longer bolts and spacers to add stretch so they stay tight

  6. #6Midnightmoon2021-10-06 20:52

    Covers fall off and aren't cheap to replace they are on the 850d

  7. #7dandugi2021-10-07 03:10

    I cannot tell from your picture if there is the cover between the frame and the yoke. Here is a picture of mine, it looks like all pictures on the web. I've never found a picture of an 850d on the web with a cover between the frame and the yoke.

  8. #8dandugi2021-10-07 03:18

    Here is the pics of the bolts on the machine (after I heated them with a torch). You can see the ones raised with the spacer. Managed to get all bolts out to drop the roller/track frame. Now I can flip it and rework all the rollers.

  9. #9Midnightmoon2021-10-07 06:09

    I found 4 or 5 its blurry but it's there it protects it from dirt getting pushed into where the cylinder chrome is. I'm sure there are broken bolts where it used to mount that's why it's not there anymore

  10. #10Bluox2021-10-07 06:40

    Same difference that's where the spacers are used . They must have had a problem with those bolts breaking so they used longer bolts with spacers. Bob