Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 850G Any Issues?

JS300 ยท 2016-01-23 10:38

Looking at a '99 Case 850G with 5400 hrs on it. Is there anything I should be concerned about? As far as I can tell the machine is all original except for the undercarriage which was replaced 400 hours ago. I here the transmissions are a little weak. I have seen them work and they seem like tough machines.

Replies2
  1. #1clintm2016-01-24 20:39

    I still have my 2nd one it's not been run much in the last 10 years different business. but they were very good tractors use to work the fill and pull a double drum sheeps foot all days for week's at a time never had any trans trouble never had any major trouble really. Think the biggest problem was a hyd pump. They are well balanced simple machines.No computer:bash. Power shift trans The most aggravating thing was the switch for the back up alarm is on top of the transmission under the seat it would go out then the safety man would bitch about no back up alarm. 3 passes would spread a 10-12 yd load of dirt with sheeps foot in tow.

  2. #2JS3002016-01-25 01:09

    Thanks for the reply. I'm looking at a couple right now. One is a 99 model with 5400 hrs and 400 on a new undercarriage, supposed to be original equipment other than that. Other is a 96 with 3500 hrs probably 65% undercarriage. Both seem to be average shape for thier age. Seems these are getting harder to find in decent shape. The Case machines seem to have less hours than the Cats I've looked at.