Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 850G Versus Deere 650G

CAH2873 ยท 2023-03-20 15:33

Hello, I am looking at purchasing a Case 850G or a Deere 650G for my farm. The will be the 1st dozer i Hav I have looked at both machines. They both have around 4,500 hours, undercarriage is in real good shape, and the Deere is $4,000.00 less in price. Anyone have any pros or cons in regards to the 2 dozers. I am having a hard time making up my mind on this one.

Replies3
  1. #1DMiller2023-03-20 18:22

    Case is fast becoming a Orphan system, older models getting tough on parts acquisition where you will likely have the machine picked until the cows come home. Hate to admit, Deere a better choice for now.

  2. #2skyking12023-03-20 21:03

    that would be my easy choice too. If you're not sure, investigate getting service and parts for both, you will get there .

  3. #3JBrady2023-03-21 09:56

    I run a JD 550G on our ranch and it has been a really good dozer. The only G series Case dozer I have been on was a 550G, significantly smaller than the JD 550G. Both the layouts were nice, the Case has 2 speed tracks and if I remember correctly uses an accelerator pedal as opposed to a decelerator pedal on the John Deere. Probably whatever you are most comfortable with, $4000 is not much difference in the long run. I have founds parts easy to find for the John Deere and it is pretty easy to work on.