I have a D3G and it has always had a problem where you have to rev it pretty good to get it to start moving and then you could throttle back down to where ever you wanted to run it. Just always put up with that problem. Thats been going on for years. Hydraulic filters and oil changes never helped anything. Now when you are tracking along it will jerk a little bit and then just stop like you hit the park brake switch. We changed the switch and the light comes on and off on the dash and the brake comes on and off so I really don't think it has anything to do with the park brake, just the best way to describe it. Also the speed of the machine doesn't change when you push the speed buttons. The gauge on the dash moves fully from nothing all the way to 3 but the dozer doesn't change. When you're tracking at a 1 pace and move it to 3 you still go slow but if you try to steer either way the track that has to go faster will instantly go to 3 and make you almost spin around. I know the left stick is all electric but dont know how to check it and not sure if the problem will be there maybe or a speed sensor or transmission computer. There are no codes either. Any ideas?
By chance did you ever cut open one of the old hydraulic filters to check for particles in the bottom of the pleats.? Can I ask how you are reading Codes.?
I haven't but I can change it again and cut it open and look. What are the common symptoms of the travel control lever messing up? If you can get the dozer to go it is strong. You just can't always get it to do what you want.
Again I'd like to know how you are reading Codes. If you post a Serial Number I can take a look at the details of the process to calibrate the travel control lever.
I found some instructions online, I think on here. I unplugged the connector in the fuse panel and crossed a couple pins and counted the flashes. It flashed the one that meant everything was fine. I think it was 222 but it was the one that the chart said meant everything was fine. Part of the serial number is on the side of the machine. Its probably not enough of it, I will get the rest of it tomorrow when I get to the shop. Whats on the side is BYR795
That's enough for the moment. There are calibrations for all the following: - 1. Decelerator Pedal Position Sensor 2. Service Brake Pedal Position Sensor 3. Joystick Forward/Reverse Position Sensor 4. Joystick Steering Position Sensor 5. Hystat Pump Solenoids 6. Drive Motor Solenoids My thought would be first to change the filter and cut open the old one to check for particles. Another option would be to take an oil sample and have it tested for Particle Count (ISO Cleanliness Code) in addition to the normal elemental analysis. If the oil analysis/filter inspection showed up nothing of note then the next move would be to re-calibrate everything on that list above. This requires the use of Cat ET. Not necessarily a dealer task if you have an independent mechanic in your area who has ET.
Make sure the charging system is up to snuff. I believe the g was very finicky.
A good suggestion. I know @CM1995 has mentioned numerous times the problems his D5G experiences when the alternator output is down a bit.