I purchased an 850K Case Series 3 - 2007 model a few months back with 2700 hours. Slowly started having cranking issues, not battery related. After searching this forum and reading through many pages of interesting post, I decided to start at the fuse box and replace all of the fuses and test all of the relays and clean the relay connections. Dozer has not missed a beat since. I really appreciate all of the good, knowledgeable people on this forum. I had 2 fuses that were visibly good, but didn't have any continuity. The corrosion was enough to coat the fuse but not visible enough to readily spot. Anyways, have a question. On the right side of the dozer, there are 4 hydraulic lines that come out of the frame. 2 that service the cylinder that raises and lowers the blade (6 way) and 2 lines that rotate the blade to kick dirt either left or right of the dozer. I recently replaced a grease zerk line that also lays with these hyd. lines. I guess I overtightened the clamp (flat piece with a bolt on each side that compresses the middle of the hydr. lines) and the top 2 lines started leaking oil and it was apparent that the clamp had caused the leak. I had 2 new hoses made and replaced the them, but this time cut 2 pieces of round baler belting to protect the new lines, placed one between the clamp/new lines and one between the other 2 hydr. lines that has connection with sharp edges and the new lines. I barely tightened the clamp, just past finger tight with no apparent compression. The lines had a slight movement, maybe 1/4". Enough to notice but wasn't sliding enough to really catch your attention. Well, ran the dozer for a couple hours and notice oil leaking from the exact same spot at the clamp. If I loosen the clamp much more, it will be finger tight only. I was wondering if any of you guys had a trick to secure the lines without damaging. The clamp on the left side which I haven't touched, appears to be tightened down much more than the right side. The first time I tightened them down, it was starting to compress the hydr. lines a bit, so I don't think more tightening would be the approach. Maybe I'm wrong. I know this isn't a major problem, but I didn't expect the new lines to break again after a couple hours work and being protected by belting and snugged up pretty well. I've been around heavy tractor hydraulics all my life, but not much with dozers. Any insight is appreciated.
I don,t think the problem is with the clamp. IMHO. Who is the manufacturer of the new hoses ? Parker ,Gates and Aeroquip branded hose would never leak when properly clamped as you describe.
You are correct. The hoses looked fine this time, I think the connections below the new lines may be the culprit, I tightened those. Next time I'll do my due diligence before I post. But in my first part of the post, the fuses were a pleasant surprise/fix due to this forum. Good info.