Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 850K series3

Coy Lancaster · 2019-05-24 13:31

I am working on a Case 850K series3 with a track issue. The right track will not engage, left track works. The only fault code is 4533F on inst. cluster. I've checked all the connectors and wiring as per trouble shooting procedures. This one is throwing me for a loop. I did remove the joystick and installed it on another machine and it worked fine with no issues. The owner told me that when this problem started that he could hit dash and problem would go away for a bit so he replaced the dash with new one but still has problem. I did check the connector behind dash and the resistor which checked out good.

Replies12
  1. #1fpgm042019-05-24 22:30

    Not sure what specific wiring checks are in the troubleshooting procedure that you have done, but I would suggest checking for wiring rubs causing some shorting in the front console harness as that is where I would initially suspect the issue lies. When you say the dash was replaced, does that mean the instrument cluster was replaced or entire front console?

  2. #2JD955SC2019-05-25 07:12

    If he could apply the ol’ pimp hand to the dash and cause it to go away seems to me the wiring might just be the issue. Did you take the dash apart and pull test and flex the wiring in that area? Check across pins for continuity to other pins that shouldn’t be there?

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2019-05-25 08:46

    Yes I did flex the wiring and am leaning toward that as the issue. Everything ohmed out correctly in the dash harness but it still could be an issue with loose sockets in connectors. Thanks for your input.

  4. #4Coy Lancaster2019-05-25 09:02

    The inst. cluster was replaced and I've ohmed all the cluster harness wires.

  5. #5Coy Lancaster2019-06-24 11:28

    Update on dozer, replaced the dash harness and that took care of ON CAN issue. Did all test as far as testing voltage and hi-lo can test at diag test connector. Now there are no codes but right track is still dead, I'm leaning toward a pump or motor issue. I removed the solenoid from park brake valve and did pressure test on tracks. Left track has 7000psi, right track has "0" pressure. One question I do have though is voltage reading should I get at pump solenoid connectors when FnR lever is shifted?

  6. #6mikebramel2019-06-25 16:43

    Is the charge pressure the same on both units. If they are A4 type pumps you can remove the plug on each side and watch pilot pressure

  7. #7Coy Lancaster2019-06-25 16:52

    Yes the charge pressure is the same. I swapped the electrical connections on the two pumps and motors. And the pressures remained the same on both pumps.

  8. #8mikebramel2019-06-25 17:06

    And if you command straight forward movement is the amperage draw on the proportional coils the same each side?

  9. #9mikebramel2019-06-25 18:23

    You know what I'm saying.... dividing the problem to the machine/ control side or the pump/motor

  10. #10Vetech632019-06-25 18:30

    A lot of the EDC ‘s on the pumps have a manual override lever. Have you checked it and stroked it to see if you have track movement?

  11. #11Coy Lancaster2019-06-25 19:59

    I didn't think of that but it should have changed pumps when I swapped connectors

  12. #12Vetech632019-06-25 20:31

    I would still stroke the manual lever. I have see strange issues with those EDC’s. At least you would know without a doubt if it was an electrical or mechanical problem. If I remember right, there is no voltage in neutral ans it only takes around 3 volts for full stroke.