Did Case 855D's come with the case engine in the early models? What years were they made and what year was the first Cummins 5.9? Were they all turbo? How hard is it to fix that hydraulic brake system. I've been avoiding case because I need brakes in steep conditions. I know lots of people operate without brakes but I need them! Thanks, T.
Cummins did not acquire Case engine line until roughly 1988/89, any engines prior to that were labeled CASE, after that were Cummins. I have not been in the brakes on one of these EVER, by the parts and access layout I may never.
Looks like maybe the 850c came with the case Case 336BD 4 cylinder and the D model with the 5.9 6. Now I need to try and figure out what year the 855D came out...
The brake hydraulics are not too difficult to repair. There is two master cylinders & 2 x simple slave cylinders located on the brake housings. There is also a brake neutralizer valve for each side located on the front of the transmission control valve. The seals in these can sometimes leak fluid internally into the transmission. What exactly is your problem? Is the oil remaining in the master cylinders? Oil OK in the master cyls & you have no pedal? Maybe the brakes simply need adjusting?