Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 888 controls

davecampbell ยท 2018-08-02 00:05

I bought a case 888 and trying to figure out the controls. Do these machines have two speed travel? Is that supposed to be controlled by the button on the stick? The operation feels pretty touchy on the boom/bucket compared to my old daewoo . Is that the nature of the beast, or does something need to be adjusted? It has 4000 hours on it, but seems in good shape for her age. I was drawn to it because it has the 12 valve cummins power so I thought at least that much would be a bit familar to me from working on them in pickups, and my skid steer has the 4bt version.

Replies6
  1. #1Shimmy12018-08-02 23:49

    I'm guessing the button is for "fast hoist". I'm not familar with the 88 series, Twisted is, however, and should be able to tell you if it has two-speed.

  2. #2davecampbell2018-08-02 23:57

    That would be nice if I can figure out what is making it that touchy. Other than that it seems like a nice machine.

  3. #3davecampbell2018-10-01 23:33

    I'm struggling to adapt to having the boom control on my right had. I had a Daewoo that had the boom control on the left. So that is what I'm used to. The operators manual says it can be switched by your case dealer. I cant find anything on it in the Service manual. Any help on how to do this? Is it just a matter of replumbing the lines to the valve bank? Other than that I'm enjoying the machine.

  4. #4davecampbell2018-10-02 13:17

    After scouring the service manual and calling the case dealer, still no luck. So I went old school and just tore into it. It wasn't very hard to just follow the lines to figure out which were the valve bodies I needed to swap. The control lines going into them were hard lines so it couldn't swap there. But when I followed them to the back of the cab, I found an easy spot to do the swap where the hard lines change to hoses.

  5. #5uffex2018-10-02 16:38

    Good day Dave Please see attached if you need specific help send us the information you have (Hydraulic schematic) any illustrations that you can relate to your machine. We will sure give it a good shot. Kind regards Uffex

  6. #6davecampbell2018-10-02 17:48

    Thanks for the help Uffex, On the case 888 it seems it was easier to switch the lines behind the cab instead of pulling the joysticks. Maybe I will regret it later, but I don't see myself ever switching it back. I feel like it is set "correct" for an excavator now.