serial number 9kk02063. After reading previous posts about foam decided to replace foam while taking radiator out to clean. Most foam missing or detiorated. My Cat dealer can not find part numbers.any help would be appreciated.
#31 ?
The only thing i can find for your Serial Number is item #16 on the radiator and Items 10 & 13 on the cooling package. See attached.
We used to find a supplier of bulk foam and cutting pieces to size. It's a fraction of the cost.
Talked back to Cat dealer late today. They called Cat Corp and was told the 9kk left the factory without foam. I ask if the 320c foam would fit with numbers supplied on a previous thread. They did not know. Guess I will go the cut to fit route. Thanks all for replying.
Nige I can not read the part numbers on your 2 pdf you supplied Number 10 looks like 8v8604. Is this correct The other 2 I can not read. Can you furnish the part numbers Thanks again to all
I find that a bit of a strange reply when there are clearly cut lengths of various Part Numbers of "seal" (I assume foam of some sort) material listed in at least 5 locations on the radiator & cooling package for your machine I agree the Parts List that appears just below the illustrations on the pdf's I posted is not the clearest, but try scrolling down each to the next page ......... the required Part Numbers are highlighted in yellow on that list.
I can't tell what you are trying to do so forgive me if this is wrong information. But we use the polyethylene pipe insulation foam with a split down the side for blocking air flow on radiators where it may bypass. All different sizes. It can be used whole or cut into strips as the application requires. The c-shape is often handy for wrapping around some other part.
Nige. Thank you for your help. I am going to the Cat dealer in the morning and talk to them in person and ask about availability. Will update after I visit them. I did think about pipe insulation if all else fails.
The OEM foam has a service life of less than 5 years. I get closed cell oil resistant, adhesive foam from Mcmaster-Carr. Less expensive and more durable.
HeyMcCall Are you talking about something like McMaster part number https://www.mcmaster.com/#1454N101 Thanks
Update on foam had mechanic out trying to calibrate prv. Ask him about it. Said he would look them up and order. Picked 3 of 4 pieces up today. Picture of invoice and prices. Thanks all.
This would be foam that seals top of radiator between hood and radiator.