Hey All- I was operating my '97 Case 9010B this weekend when all of a sudden it just shut down/stalled. I tried to re-start and immediately after starting it shuts down again. I checked temp guage thinking maybe it was overheating, but not the case. Checked oil level, thats fine as well. I suspect that maybe a fuel filter might be bad but thought I would ask for help before I start trouble shooting. Thanks in advance for any advice. Also......this machine has had a history of not unlocking the hydraulics when dropping the dead-man lever. I have seen this problem addressed on here before and I need to get to the bottom of this! The problem is so sporadic when it happens, it is very difficult to pinpoint the problem. Some times it will unlock after only a few minutes, sometimes an hour, sometimes it will not unlock at all! Very frustrating! I have purchased an extra solenoid and the hydraulic filter that some of you have suggested the problem might be. Just figured I would ask for any other suggestions that anybody might have. Again, thanks in advance for any help!
Hey, I am NOT a mechanic but did have a 9030B with the same issues on the machine not unlocking for me or locking while I was running the machine. The issue for me was the relay switches behind the computer. This bank of Relay's is located behind the seat access panel, you will see the computer and behind this you will find the relays that control the lock and unlock of the machine. I don't know which one it is but after changing one or more of these the problem was fixed. Can't help with the overheating issue. Jerry
Hey guys. I had two 9030B's. My starting issue was the fuel shutoff solenoid numerous times. My guess is your machine has a 4T-390 engine; might not have the same solenoid. I do remember that when you hit the emergency shutoff button, the machine would start up and immediately die out. You're probably going to have to get another person to help you and get up by the pump with a voltmeter and verify what is causing the shut down. If it's an inline Bosch pump, you'll have to determine which of the three wires is which: ground, pull coil, or hold coil. The pull coil wire will only be energized while the key is in "start" position. The hold coil wire should energize aw soon as you turn the key on. Now, as for the hydraulics issue. Mine was the ground wire down by the solenoid bank beside the pump. Eyelet broke off. That's first place I would check. Good luck.
Just looked at your post again and saw that it was not overheating. The 9030 that I owned also would shut down while running, fire back up and shut off again. I changed all the fuel filters and still had the problem. I didn't find out till later that there are TWO main filters on my machine. My machine had the following filters. Water separator out of the tank, Inline filter from the tank (small silver cheap inline) in the same compartment as the separator. Behind the motor I had what i thought was the only Main Cartridge filter. Additionally there is another Cartridge directly behind that filter, one is larger than the other and you have to look to see it.
Thanks guys. Plan on taking a look in the next few days to try and resolve. I'll let you know what we come up with.
Hey All- My mechanic finally had a chance to look at the shut-off problem. It was indeed as Slimmy1 said, the fuel solenoid. Pricey piece, I think just under $300. However, the tricky part was getting the old one out and the new one into place. It is located behind the injectors. Very difficult to get at, but he did it! However, the hydraulic issue has yet to be figured out, we'll keep you posted!
found one for $ 88.00 at AMAZON https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5D3J7Z/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1