Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 9020B cab

EliteEquipmentRepair ยท 2022-04-04 11:20

Can anyone give me an estimated time to do a cab swap on a 1996 case 9020B. Thats all the information i have. An insurance company called looking for a quote to replace the cab on the machine and I havent ever done one on this machine. Any insight would be helpfull. Thanks!

Replies8
  1. #1Vetech632022-04-04 13:05

    Whatever answer you get........add 50%

  2. #2Nige2022-04-04 14:42

    Reason cab replacement would be good to know. Accident or fire damage.? There will be a big difference in labour hours required between the two.

  3. #3EliteEquipmentRepair2022-04-04 14:44

    machine tipped over on its side into a tree. Im supposed to get pictures from them but havent received them yet. They have a used cab going on it apparently.

  4. #4Vetech632022-04-04 18:15

    Keep in mind the age of the machine. I'd bet a lot of the electrical connectors, dash panels, etc....are super brittle and will very likely break upon removal. Thats why I say you better add additional costs.

  5. #5EliteEquipmentRepair2022-04-04 20:43

    yea, i can handle preparing for all that. I was just looking for an "around 5,10,15,20 hours" Ill definitely add plenty to it after that i just need a ballpark for what it takes when it goes smooth

  6. #6Vetech632022-04-04 20:47

    Get pics if you can and post them. I do quite a bit of quote work by site so I bet I could get pretty dam close.

  7. #7EliteEquipmentRepair2022-04-05 10:43

    Hope i uploaded these right. Its a picture of the replacement cab and the best one of the excavator they sent me. I cant tell if the cab shell comes off the platform and the seat and everything can stay there or not. Any insight?

  8. #8Berndt2022-09-22 19:35

    Did you ever end up completing this project? Curious what the cost ended up being. Thanks