Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 9030B Low hyd power after 10 minutes

digg'ndirty1982 ยท 2019-08-05 16:28

I have a late 90's model case 9030B. About 10-15 minutes after you turn it loses hydraulic pressure. The engine runs great, for the first little while it has amazing power. Shortly into digging with it the hydraulic power decreases to maybe (guessing)20%. Any help would be appreciated -Thanks-

Replies9
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2019-08-06 11:13

    Does the engine lug down when digging? Have you checked hydraulic pressures at all? Are there any electrical codes of fault codes that come up on dash?

  2. #2digg'ndirty19822019-08-06 19:53

    The engine does lug down during the first 10-15 minutes. After that it doesn't lug down at all. I have checked the pressure it all seems fine. The dash is broken and doesn't show any display at all.

  3. #3RZucker2019-08-06 20:33

    What is the history of this machine? You just get it?, have you had it for years and the problem just started? Why the hell are you running it with a bad monitor? Some basic info would help. I had a 9030B, the monitor was tied into a lot of functions, like the hydraulic power settings.

  4. #4Coy Lancaster2019-08-06 21:07

    Have you tried putting machine in backup mode.

  5. #5digg'ndirty19822019-08-06 22:53

    I work for a place that had an operator/mechanic get it last year. He put a lot of time and parts into this machine. It was near junk when he started on it and he impressively got it fully functional. A month ago he abandoned us. A friend and I started to tear into it. When we started none of the controls would work and nothing on the dash would come on. To get it to move we replaced 3 cylinoids and bypassed the controls by directly wiring the control cylinoids to the battery. The machine runs great.... For 10 minutes. After that it still functions just on a lot less power.

  6. #6uffex2019-08-07 02:00

    Good day Suggest you begin by checking the pilot pressure when the fluid is up to temperature with full and idle speeds. Kind regards Uffex

  7. #7digg'ndirty19822019-08-07 13:07

    Thanks Uffex. I'll look at that when I get a chance in the next day or two.

  8. #8digg'ndirty19822019-08-07 19:02

    I'm goin to check and try adjusting the valves tomorrow. Would cheap thin hyd oil cause this problem?

  9. #9uffex2019-08-08 01:50

    Good day If the fluid has been changed for a thinner mix and the issue came up shortly after it may have highlighted the problem not so likely as to have been the cause. The thinner lube will be able to increase internal leakage which is most probably the cause of the issue. Kind regards Uffex