Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic setting for bushhog attachment

tremec77 · 2019-08-05 18:06

I just purchased a bushhog attachment for my mini and I’m wondering if I have the hydraulic valving correct. I have it set to “hammer” so that when I let off the button to cut power to the blades they spin down slowly. The only thing I’m worried about is I hear it whine when I let them spin down. Should I leave the valve set for “thumb” or for “hammer”? Thank you for any help!

Replies3
  1. #1Tones2019-08-05 20:27

    Can you post a pic of the top of the hydraulic motor including where the hoses are fitted?

  2. #2uffex2019-08-06 01:59

    Good day Suggest that you approach the main dealer and request a connection schematic that will enable you to check that attachment and machine are connected correctly. Kind regards Uffex

  3. #3tremec772019-08-06 08:36

    Thank you for the replies. I contacted the manufacturer of the bushhog and they stated that I had it connected correctly and the whine I’m hearing is the relief for the motor as it spins down after shutting the blades off.