The machine was running this morning, came back after lunch, hit the key and nothing. I get a click out of the 24 volt solenoid, and the 2 smaller solenoids under that also click. I cleaned all connections and the batteries are good. I am at a lose, never had any problems in the 3 yrs we've owned it. I am new to this forum, and would appreciate any help. Thank You
Those Nippondenso starters can die at any time. Get a buddy to help you. Make sure when you turn the key you are getting power to the starter solenoid. If not, time to get a schematic.
Yeah, you can run a jumper/test wire to a multimeter in the cab and see if you're getting power to the starter, battery voltage, etc. while you try to start it. If you get power to the starter solenoid and no cranking, then whack it with a screwdriver or broom handle while trying to start it. Might work again for a few days or weeks.
thanks guys, upon checking voltage, we determined that the starter was bad. thanks for the help