Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Data Plate

bindian ยท 2015-11-18 11:20

I found the place where my serial number data plate Was on my Caterpillar E70. The remains of the rivets look corroded. Is there anyway I can verify my serial number by engine serial number? Thanks in advance. hugs, Brandi

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2015-11-18 11:59

    If you carefully remove the paint in the rectangular area inside the rivets you might well find the Serial Number stamped into the steel. It's pretty much general practice to to that so that machine could be identified on the production line before the S/N plates were actually installed.

  2. #2bindian2015-11-18 18:26

    Thanks Nige. So there is no way to cross reference with the engine serial number? It's in large letters on the Mitsubishi' s valve cover. 4D31-426486 is what is on the valve cover. hugs, Brandi

  3. #3Nige2015-11-19 03:09

    Unfortunately no, because the Cat system does not recognize the Mitsubishi serial numbers.

  4. #4bindian2015-11-19 06:26

    Another Japanese dead end. I bypassed a Sumitomo 160s for the Cat.......thinking the Cat was American made. I know better now. Silly me. At least I got a Cat dealer nearby. I'd have to go into Houston to a Link Belt dealer for Sumitomo parts. Otherwise I am overwhelmed by the beefiness of the machine. Thank Nige. I see about getting some paint stripper on it. Yeah, let me add that to my TLC list. hugs, Brandi