Looking at a Case 9040 excavator. It has a Cummins 6T830 eng. Lots of hours on the machine!! What can you tell me about the engine?? Is this an 8.3L? HP?? What are the common failure items on Case and in particular the 9040?
The swing gearbox fails. And they are obsolete. No replacement options. They are very rare to find in the used/recon market too. If you can find one expect it to be no less than $5000.00
The engines are great, they do like fuel though. I own a case and it is true they are tough to find parts for.
If I could find a reasonably priced Cat 225 that had the front window, I wouldn't even be looking at this one.
CAse 9040 is a Linkbelt 3400 in disguise- Both made by Sumitoma in Japan Links had Isuzu engine - good to 20K hr -case had a case cummins hybred good to 8k hrs Both have odd ball undercarriage and weak swing/ rotecks- Weird Electrical systems. We've had both - by pass the computer put in a set of guages and an hand throttle. If you can find a 225d or b way better machines and parts availability (owned 5 over the years.)
This one has 30K hours - I'm gonna pass and wait for a 225