Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 9180 Steiger hinge bushing

southernman13 · 2021-07-17 06:50

We got one. Haven’t decided if we’re gonna keep it. It needs the lower hinge bushing replaced. This one is broken/worn. It looks like this is basically a 3 part system. I just can’t figure out if the tractor needs to be split into 3 parts to get to this lower hinge pivot point. It’s right above the draw bar. Trying to upload a pic but not having any luck this morning

Replies5
  1. #1southernman132021-07-17 07:02

    This is where the bushing is located

  2. #2jonno6342021-07-24 13:05

    We split our 9170 to do them.

  3. #3southernman132021-07-24 14:34

    Cool deal. I just cleaned ours up and Ben staring at it. I need to replace the hinge bearing. It’s between the middle piece and the fuel tank. I’m not sure I can separate the middle piece from the fuel tank side without breaking it into 3 pieces. It looks also like I can’t get it apart without pulling the complete drive shaft out. I’ll take any advise u can give. I’m ready to do something if it’s wrong lol. Thanks

  4. #4southernman132021-07-24 14:38

    I just at the 9170. Looks identical to mine. Please advise on best way to proceed if you can. Thanks again

  5. #5jonno6342021-07-28 11:43

    Replied and discussed via email, and phone. for others, something to note: the two lower pivot pins with threads are different lengths (so, they are not interchangeable). If changing, I recommend changing all of the bearings, as you won’t want to pull it apart to do it again. Also, crossing hyd hoses on one steering cylinder, allows you to use the steering wheel to push the tractor apart, and pull it back together… fittings are different sizes, so had to make adapter hose.