Hi all, I am trying to help my buddy fix his skid steer. Its a Case 95XT. When you turn the ignition key to the crank position the fuel shut off solenoid turns the fuel on by retracting the arm. As soon as the ignition switch is released to the run position the arm is released and the fuel shuts off and the engine dies. It just started doing this today. We can hear the relays click in the fuse box and have even switched a couple around to eliminate them. Any and all help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike
Does it have an oil pressure shutdown switch? That could be the culprit or else you may have a bad key switch.
If it has a three wire shutoff solenoid, one is ground, one is hot with "start" to pull it in, one is hot with "run" to use a smaller coil to hold it in. If you have no power to the third wire, it'll start fine and shutoff when you turn loose of the key.
Mitch that is exactly what it is doing and it has three wire solenoid. We did get it running by removing the relay and jumping across the 87 and 30 terminals. We know the relay was good. Any ideas? Thanks for the replies!
Find what is supposed to be energizing that relay. I don't think I've ever seen a 95xt in person, so I am no help past the engine, sorry.
That's the way we were leaning. I just was trying to see if anyone had this experience before and knew of the fix before I crawled into a nasty loader. LOL
I'm having this same problem with my 95XT. My machine is doing this somewhat intermittently. If it shuts itself off it won't keep running if you try to start it right away, but if you wait a few minutes and then start it it will run for a little while before shutting off again. Does anyone know how the wiring is routed that feeds the fuel shut off solenoid? Thanks
There is normally a timer relay that controls the shut off solenoid. It is longer/taller than the normal 30A cube type relays used for other functions. I would replace it before doing anything else.
I don't seem to have a relay like that. All the relays I have are are the normal 30A size. There is one there that should be for the fuel system, but when I unplug it with the machine running it doesn't seem to change anything - the machine keeps running.
i would look around in the engine compartment around the connector for the fuel shutoff solenoid. there may be a timer inline in the harness. i know bobcat did this back in the 90's with some models. not sure with your machine however
Had the same problem with new Holland 8870 ,bad battery.
So I've determined that my fuel shut off solenoid is bad. Does anyone know if there is a way to replace it without removing to injector pump? I can't get the old one out from between the injector pump and the engine block
It will come out, even though it doesn't look like it. You will need to remove the oil lube line; the fitting in the block; & I think I recall a support bracket under the pump.
Does it come out the bottom somehow? Doesn't look like there is enough room to do that
Yes, it comes out the bottom. Like I said, it doesn't look like it will, but if you pull those few items out the way, it should come out. I've replaced more than a few.....
It's been pouring here all day today, I'll take another look at it tomorrow.
If you want to run it you can manually move solenoid linkage and tie it in the run position. That way you can raise and lock up loader and move it wherever you want to.
Well, it came out the bottom, just like you said. I didn't need to remove the oil lube line. Once I turned it the right way it dropped out the bottom and was able to get the new one in relatively easy. Machine is up and running now. You saved me a lot of time trying to figure that out - I really appreciate your help!
@Scaper You're very welcome