Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need repair shop or housecall in North Texas for New Holland L783 – diesel inj pump

shorton ยท 2014-07-02 12:11

Hey folks, My 1994 L783 skid steer (Ford diesel motor) has been sitting in my barn for almost 2 years and won't start. I use it around the farm, and haven't had money to fix it until recently. I had earlier disconnected the injector lines and found no fuel, and I suspect that the lift pump diaphragm had rotted earlier and some of the pieces of rubber had made it into the pump and killed it. The machine has 4000 hours on it, so I am assuming that it needs the injector pump rebuilt or replaced. I would like to find someone who will make a house call for repair, but am willing to have it dragged onto a flat bed and towed if its not too far. Can anyone recommend someone near Princeton/McKinney area? thanks, Stephen

Replies5
  1. #1mowingman2014-07-02 14:57

    "Four Brothers Equipment", in Royce city or "Delka's Equipment Repair" in Denton.

  2. #2JNB2014-07-02 16:29

    I can definitely recommend NOT using Able Fuel Injection in Lewisville.

  3. #3shorton2014-07-02 19:31

    Thanks. I had earlier talked to a local guy who makes diesel house-calls. He used Able in Lewisville and told me that it could take $2000-$3000 for the rebuild alone. Then, another guy told me he could get it rebuilt in Dallas for $300 or so, but he's too busy to do my job, and I didn't at the time write down the name of the place he uses.

  4. #4JNB2014-07-02 21:39

    My NH Dealer has been using Lone Star Fuel Injection in Fort Worth for a bunch of years and recommends them. When I needed work done they were backed up, so I looked for someone else. A local guy recommended Able to replace an o-ring on one of the injectors on my tractor. The o-ring was located at the bottom of the injector and behind the tamper proof bolt heads that hold each injector. The guy at Able said "No problem, bring it on down." I brought them a few parts from the dealer that were on stock, including two o-ring's and brass washers. Dropped off on Friday with a promise to be ready on Monday. Over three weeks later, and excuse after excuse (including destroying the provided pieces), they had it ready. In the first fifteen minutes of running the tractor, it wouldn't go above idle. I pulled the pump and found that they had installed the internal throttle linkage pin upside down and it had fallen out.

  5. #5wrwtexan2014-07-09 13:34

    I would almost say I would come but I'm 20 miles east of Commerce. If it is a CAV pump, they are protected from trash by a screen in the transfer pump intake. They are easy to remove and reinstall and a shop I use in Sulphur Springs usually charges 4 to 6 hundred on a rebuild. I would first look at fuel supply as 4,000 hours is not enough for needing a rebuild. The metering valve may have stuck which can sometimes be freed with B12 or take the top off and work it loose.