Skip to the sentence at the end if you don't want to read the background here: The hydraulics filter light on my instrument panel is on and does not turn off once the machine is warmed. Based on screenshots attached from the manual this light turns on when the dp across the filter is greater then 40 psi, it appears the sensor is normally open and is completed by the sensor grounding out the circuit (see screenshot). That being said it seems clear the issue is either this wire is grounded somewhere which I am going to check tonight when I get to the shop or there is an issue with the filter (even though I have a brand new filter) I purchased the machine with the light on and replaced the filter with the same type (from case). My confusion though is when I look at the attached drawing I am not sure what filter they are referring too. This machine has high flow hydraulics. When I look at the screenshot from the parts catalog it shows three filters in the same area. The service manual seems to refer to #6 (the tall one) as the hydraulic filter (see screenshot) I changed this one and the light stayed on. I see filter #7 but I am confused about filter #8 titled Hydraulics High Flow Filter. I cannot find where this is and I cannot find it in the service manual. Does filter #8 replace filter #6 or something in high flow machines which could be causing my issue, see screenshot titled case filters?
On the xt series skid steers, there was a piston pump option for the high flow. This is what they call the high pressure high flow option. #8 is the filter for that option. You only have the standard high flow. If your filter light is constantly on in the dash, then you likely have a plugged hydraulic filter. You have changed the return filter, but have you changed the charge filter? The filter pressure switches are ran in parallel, so either filter will set off the warning light.
Gary thanks for the reply and my apologies on a very delayed response. Great information on the high pressure high flow pump that makes more sense now! And it is good to know what I have, I saw a mention of that in the manual and was wondering if it had something to do with that but it's good to know this filter is a clear indicator. I just bought the other filter and am going to replace that tomorrow. I figure it can't hurt to change the filter since I don't know when it was changed last but when I check that circuit it seems those wires are always grounded even with the machine off. I also unplugged both wires and started the machine and the light is on, unless I am missing something it seems like this has to be an electrical issue, since that circuit is supposed to be normally open.