Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland LX665 replaced seat…will not start in run

dn29626 ยท 2021-08-15 15:56

I operated my LX665 with a badly damaged seat for years. This summer, I up and decided to install a new seat. (I regret it.) The safety harness end broke off (at one on the seats two safety switches) so I attached a wire for the switch. In run , the alarm is constant and engine will not crank. In service it will run, but will not continue when in run mode. I have owned it since 2001 and it is a great machine. I need help.

Replies10
  1. #1Aarons812021-08-15 22:15

    Does the display light up when you sit in the seat?

  2. #277Ford2021-08-16 09:14

    I'm not sure that you can just bypass the switch on all on the time. My old LS180 had a toggle switch that you pushed when you sit down, the previous owner did not want to buy the seat with a pressure switch.

  3. #3dn296262021-08-16 18:47

    No, the display does not light up.

  4. #4dn296262021-08-17 20:03

    If I don't have a working idea/opinion over the next few days, a new harne$$ will be ordered.

  5. #53X82021-08-18 08:03

    If the display doesn't light up when you sit in the seat your seat switch isn't working. You'll have to get that switch working one way or another.

  6. #6dn296262021-08-18 18:24

    Am i too light weight to activate the seat switches (hard to imagine). I purchased new switches because the others were original (24 years old). I am wrestling with the cost of a new harness vs the time and cost of adding toggle switches.

  7. #7dn296262021-08-28 20:10

    Installed new harness for seat and seat belt...still nothing.

  8. #8Aarons812021-08-28 21:01

    Have you tried continuity testing any of the wires between switches and Mother board?

  9. #9dn296262021-08-29 16:34

    I have installed new safety harness and new seat switches. The cluster does not light up. The alarm when i turn the key isn't helping . I am now curious of how to turn the alarm off. I have installed new CHN parts, but still at the point of the first post here. New seat, new harness, new switches, annoying alarm, but no start in run.

  10. #10dn296262021-09-04 10:38

    Solved. The final piece... A fuse in the engine compartment. New seat, new harness, new seat switches, new fuse. I would like to place..solved..in the title...don't know how.