So at work today, i get a skidsteer in and its a case 95xt. Customer complains of liftings arms falling slowly but when you use the bucket tilt the arms fall faster. Even when you dead head the bucket rolled back it falls. 95xt has auto leveling but our old *** service manual has no hydraulic schematic in it. I pulled the check valves for a1,b1 through a3,b3 and all looked ok. B1 check valve was a little corse feeling and i cleaned it with a rough brillow pad and it smooth now. Pulled the main relief valve for the hydraulic valve assembly and it was a little dirty but fine, cleaned with brake clean and inspected and installed. Checked all functions and symptoms are still there. I would like to get to work tomorrow with some idea of what to check and where. I know the self or auto leveling can cause problems but im not sure what to check on it to find out. I was a transportation vehicle mechanic in the army and am now learning construction maintenance with case IH or CNH which ever you prefer to call it. Please help. Any ideas of what to check and how would be appreciated. I am a mechanic so you dont have to break it down barney style but do give some detail to location of valves or check valves in description. I have all the tools i need and can flow test tomorrow if you want to know that but im pretty sure hydraulic pressure and flow is fine.
How many hours on it? Since things sound pretty clean I'm inclined to think it could be a control issue. I'm not intimately familiar with that machine but I'll throw a couple ideas out. Forgive me if you checked these. Could you have a linkage issue with the control? Is it cables/solid linkage or pilot style control? Sounds to me like you're on the right track with the auto level being part of the problem. If it's all run through the control valve I'd assume there's a way that lift oil displacement dictates tilt cylinder movement so perhaps a check valve or something is weak or fubar'd. In the past I have had what seemed to be a complex problem turn out to be something simple so don't let it steer you down a blind alley! Hope that helps, wish I had more specific info. Good luck! Junkyard