Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case Back hoe Length of hydraulic hose

Al2 ยท 2023-05-30 12:21

Hi everyone . I have a Case 580 Super K Extend a Hoe and was wondering if anyone knows the proper length of the 2 hoses on top of the boom that move with the sliding boom. The ones on there now seem to long and just flop everywhere . No t a big deal to cut them shorter but don't want to find out I cut them to short. PS as a side note I have a hydraulic thumb on it as well controlled by an electric diverter valve on the boom that is just awesome . Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1Tinkerer2023-05-30 12:59

    Run the extension all the way out as far as it will go. Then determine if they are in fact too long. If they seem to be too long remove the ends from the cylinder and see how much shorter they need to be. I'm guessing that they are not too long, because they have a big loop of hose on them when they are retracted.

  2. #2Doug580l2023-05-30 13:19

    I've got a 580SL Extendahoe and the parts manual shows the length of all the hoses. Maybe someone with the 580Sk manual could give you the info. For the 580SL, the lengths are 77-1/8" and 76".

  3. #3Tinkerer2023-05-30 16:36

    the hoses are in the parts book. #19 and 21. 580SK Parts Book

  4. #4joe--h2023-05-30 17:40

    Any pictures of the valve & hose setup on the thumb? Joe H

  5. #5Al22023-06-01 08:50

    Thanks for the replies. Like I mentioned not a big deal. The problem is more so how they fall off the side. I guess I'' have to research the bracket system that holds them up. Will post pictures of my thumb set up.

  6. #6gggraham2023-06-01 09:51

    You can buy the rubber "dog bone" and support that holds 4 hoses see diagram. They hold the hoses much better than just tie wrapping the two hoses together.