Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case backhoe on a DO MOR tractor

lenray · 2012-12-25 12:33

I think it is a Case 26 backhoe loader. Foot pedals for the swing. One of the pistons is leaking oil----Not a Hyd. Cylinder. One of those pistons that works when the lever is moved to raise the boom. Thinking there might be O-Rings on them. Not sure they are called pistons maybe servos--just don't know the correct name. Anyway can they be repaired--they work up and down about an inch. Thanks for any help. michigan len

Replies3
  1. #1lenray2012-12-25 18:00

    I THINK THEY ARE CALLED SPOOLS backhoe might be from the 70s

  2. #2gusbratz2012-12-25 23:14

    My 1960 case 530 is fitted with a model 31 hoe; I am thinking the 26 must be older?? Maybe came on a 50’s case 310 originally. Maybe you could just get some new orings out of an oring assortment kit ad put into it.

  3. #3lenray2012-12-26 11:08

    Thankyou gusbratz----that gives me an idea as to the year--older than I was thinking. This hoe has been added to the DO MOR tractor that was made in Manistee,, Michigan back in the 70s. Hoping the O rings will do the fix. Again many thanks for your help----hope to talk again. len in michigan