I have a case CX75 2004 model. I turned the cab and heard the sound of hyd. fluid comming from under the cab. I saw the center joint bracket that holds the center joint from turning, had come off the center joint. (One broken bolt the other missing.) This caused the hyd lines to brake and twist. I removed the center joint and replaced the lines. After repairing the hoses and installing the center joint I started the machine. I went through each function and when got to the blade lift I head a pop in the left side drive motor. The out side lid had popped off and hyd and gear oil was comming out. I double checked all my lines and am sure I did not cross anything. Can anyone send me a diagram of hose location on the center joint? :Banghead
My money would be on lines being crossed-cylinder line now tied to a case drain for your motor. Wish I had a schematic for you but you should be able to trace out everything. Good luck, Maytag
Don't have access to a piping diagram myself sandnsnow. One thing I think, it can't be you have a drive hose connected to case drain incorrectly, the drive hose fittings are much bigger. But if you have a high speed drive pilot hose going down to motors, you might have it connected to case drain fitting. Don't know what the result would be though. Just a thought.
Sandnsnow, We have the same hoe a 75 Linkbelt we have had the same problem with the center joint bracket done the same thing we replaced the lines and 2 days later we had to replace the whole thing because it broke the bracket where it was bolted down. We had a drawing on those hoses I will look Monday when I get back to work and see if it is still there, if so I will send it to you.
I went to the Case site and was able to find a picture in the parts lookup section. I will check the lines on monday. I had to have to have crossed the lines somehow. Must have been when i was tring to install the lines with one hand, blind and having someone turn my feet. So now what should I do about the drive motor. What kind of damage do you think I caused? How hard is it to get apart? Top dog did you have to take the cab off? I though about it. The drawing will help too.
Sorry, didn't read your first post correctly. You said when you worked blade lift it popped the cover. Are you saying it did something to the outside cover of the planetary drive hub?
Yes thats what happend. There was a pop and the cover came loose. Pushed half of the wire retaining clip out of the grove along with the cover. There was gear oil and hydro oil pouring out. The blade did not move.
Ok, it sounds like you have connected your blade hose to the case drain of the drive motors. If so, now the bad news. You haven't done any damage to the planetary drive itself, unless it has damaged the groove for the wire on the planetary hub cover or the groove in planetary hub housing. The bad news is your going to have to disassemble the drive motor. You have probably blown the shaft seal of the drive motor by pressurizing the case drain to the motor. Not a major problem if your familiar with rebuilding pumps/motors. If your not, better off having a hyd pump shop do it. The really sucky part is the other drive motor. The case drain for the two motors share a tee connection. If you blew the shaft seal on one of the motors, it's a good possiblility you have stressed the seal on the other motor that didn't blow the planetary cover plate. Might be prudent to remove that motor as well and insure the seal is ok. If not, repair it as well to save you a headache down the road.
On the other hand, if you didn't cross any lines, and hooked it up properly, then you need to think about that hydraulic swivel. Could be it is coming apart inside, and leaking blade fluid into the case drain that way. It would also explain why it broke the mounts in the first place. just a thought. Sorry to hear about your problems, sounds kinda nasty.