Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case Cruz Air 1085B

hjb ยท 2021-01-15 09:04

First post, looking for some help on my 1085b. just bought it and can not seem to figure out how to get road speed out of it.it has 2 leavers forward and reverse and low and high speed. top speed now is about 8 mph. What am i missing ? cables move free, checked the whole cab for another lever and finding nothing. has a toggle switch for Mission speed ? Any help would be much appreciated Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1old timer2021-01-15 14:31

    Hi there, lets see i can help you out. The 2 levers are forward/neutral/reverse next to your right hip. The lever nearest the R/H window is the speed/gear selector (1,2 and 3) If You take a look under the machine swivel, you find the lower shifter assembly and cables to the transmission. Have a friend move the speed selector WITH THE MACHINE SHUT OFF. That's where I have seen most of the troubles, what ever you do DO NOT bend or apply any force to the 2 shifter tubes running thru the swivel. Hope this helps, P.S. that wouldn't be Winkler Manitoba? I might know that machine. Worked on most of them in the province I think Stay safe

  2. #2hjb2021-01-17 17:54

    Thanks,I have been looking at that and yes the lever moves fine under there but only moves a little,I can move it manually to the top ( think high gear then ) but when I take it for a drive same speed.? Lowe Farm mb lol Would you be interested in having a look ? Definitely pay for your time Would be in heated shop Thanks Howard

  3. #3old timer2021-01-18 13:37

    Hi Howard It's been a decade since I troubleshot a 'B series' but if memory serves, pushing the 'spool' (not the bellcrank) up, might be 3rd. I attached a coupe of pdf's to show how everthing interacts. There is not a lot of stroke to the range (speed) spool.