Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case cx210 pattern control valve location??

Const&demoPA ยท 2012-07-21 21:30

I had a CX210 dropped of at a demo job yesterday. I went to move the machine today and found out it's set up for CAT controls. I have always run Deere so I am not going to have a very productive day Monday unless I can change it..I searched around a little with no luck and the rental company was closed...I have haul trucks showing up long before they open Monday morning so need to figure out before then. The sticker on the window indicates it has the option to change controls. After checking under seat, behind seat etc.I searched around the battery compartment behind the cab where the hydro lines run into manifolds and didn't see anything obvious..I have searched past threads but none I found were for this model...guys did seem to think it would be in the compartment behind cab where I checked or under the floor mat for 135/160 models...anyone have the answer? would the model year(which i don't know) determine if it may have an actual valve or if lines would need to be switched? Thanks in advance!

Replies4
  1. #1willie592012-07-21 21:48

    If the CX210 has the factory pattern selector it would be located in the compartment directly behind the cab, mounted above the cover plate in the panel that gives access to cabin air filter. It's possible someone has fitted an aftermarket selector, but would have no clue where they located it. As for which lines to switch, I haven't done one, don't know myself, you'd probably have to get that info from Case.

  2. #2Const&demoPA2012-07-22 12:13

    We got it. This model did not have the factory switch installed. In the battery compartment behind the cab and towards the middle of the machine there is a manifold with the four lines. Switch V2 and A2. V1 and A1 it's a little tight getting in there but only took a minute.

  3. #3willie592012-07-22 12:46

    Excellent!

  4. #4RobVG2012-07-22 14:09

    I've never changed the controls. I often see the selectors when servicing. Maybe my memory is wrong but aren't there levers with knobs to make the changes?