I have a Case CX210 that would die like you shut key off but would restart fine. It would display electrical problem in display but run fine. We replaced VP44 relay and lift pump. Mechanic came out worked on VP44 plug and it fired up and ran fine. Next day we had trouble starting it but after it cranked it ran fine all day even with electrical problem displayed. Next day same thing hard to start in morning it seems like electric fuel pump not kicking on immediately. Not sure if it’s electrical or a fuel issue or a combination.
Your symptoms sound like a fuel problem. Hard initial starting is usually lack of fuel pressure or fuel running back into the tank after yhe machine sits....it is having to reprime itself. The check valves are usually in the supply pump and they can get trash in them which causes the priming issue.
Addressing this issue right now on a Cummins L10….30 year old fuel lines allowing air into system.
We had the exact same thing happing on a CX210, it would start up fine, but would hunt and quit after a few minutes at idle. If you started it up and ran it at a higher idle it wouldn't die. Have since got rid of it so can't be of any real help.
I took fuel filter off today it was about half full so I put new filter on and new sensor in bottom because I think drain may have been leaking off. I took relay out and pump came on and I put relay back in and got air out of system and got it cranked. The electric problem came up in display and ran fine and after a while of running that went away in the display and it ran fine the rest of the time. Just not sure if relay connection or something else makes electric fuel pump come on but once it’s on it cranks fine.
I have a Case CX210 that won't keep running and seems like it's starving for fuel especially under load. Changed the fuel filters several times. Electrical problem warning on the display. Any suggestions?