Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case cx210c vs Sumi sh210-6

Lagwagon · 2024-05-18 20:55

I’m looking to buy one of these machines new but I’m snagged on a couple of things and can’t settle on one. Price-wise they are the same and all things like warranty and backup support are comparable. I was impressed with the case responsiveness and speed whereas the Sumi was a fair bit slower, especially with the arm in and out. I didn’t question it at the time and should have but later called the salesman and he said the speed can be changed in the screen. I’ve read this can be done with the later model Case D series equivalent but has anyone here seen this done with the C model? The other item was the engine, both run Isuzu, Sumi the GI-4HK1X and the Case AM-4HK1X, with the Sumi being tier 3 and Case tier 4 interim. The difference appears to be the AM models ‘one-piece diesel particle difusor (DPD) that burns cleaner while delivering superior horsepower’ and they also claim ‘Automatic self-regeneration of the DPD ensures no loss of productivity’………not sure I’m convinced. Anyone have any experience with this setup? cheers

Replies6
  1. #1Shimmy12024-05-18 21:48

    We've had a 2014 Case 210C since new. Everything about the machine is great, except the fuel injectors. Lost the first 2 at 800 hours, and about every 800 to 1200 after that. 800, 1900, 2800, 3600, 4400, and it's needing another set now at 5600. DPD has been flawless, surprisingly considering the trainwreck the injectors have been.

  2. #2Lagwagon2024-05-18 21:55

    Any idea why they wont last? Are they pricey?

  3. #3Shimmy12024-05-18 22:06

    They used to be, the first time we had to pay the bill (off warranty) it was $3900 for two. The last time, for the whole set and travel time to our shop was about $3300. A few years ago the price dropped from $900 per to about $180. The most frustrating part of the replacement is Case has to plug-in and record the serial number of the new injector in the ECM. As far as them not lasting, I really don't know other than I can stretch out the life to 1200 hours by running Deere Fuel-Protect Keep Clean at the cleanup rate every tank of fuel. I think the combustion temps during regen cause the fuel to burn back in the tips.

  4. #4Lagwagon2024-05-22 07:28

    Do you know what your average fuel burn rate is?

  5. #5Shimmy12025-01-15 20:30

    Just saw this tonight. I'd say average could be figured about 4.5. I've went 40 hours on a tank, but I've also burned 75 gallons in 12 hours.

  6. #6Lagwagon2025-01-16 08:08

    For us down under that’s ~17l/hr. The salesman told me 13l/hr was their recorded average on a recently sold machine, must be doing local council work . Personally I don’t trust any manufacturers claims, they are all understated.