Hi folks, I have a Case excavator with active code E0368. It has a cummins engine. It runs fine until you put any load on it , then it dies out unless you move very slowly. The fuel pressure is about 10psi. My book says code E0368 VP44 fuel system timing error. Last time this machine did this it was the boost pressure sensor so I replaced it with a new one. If I shut it off and restart it, it will work normal for a minute sometimes. When it does screw up, the fuel pressure is ok at about 10psi. I dont have a good dealer around me so I am looking for help Wayne
anybody?
Hey Toolerwayne just saw your post. The code 368 is the VP44 injection pump has got an issue. You will have to find another one or get that one repaired. Usually the control module in the pump is the culprit the solder joints come loose over time and heat. If you have a way of doing it you need to check fuel pressure for the electric lift pump. If you have anymore questions let me know.
I was afraid of that. I did check the fuel pressure and it never went under 10 PSI, so I guess I will try to get an injection pump Thanks