Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case CX240 E0611 diagnostic code

Tom Ellington · 2022-04-29 15:05

Hello folks, my 2005 CX240 is shutting down with code E0611 which in the tech manual shows to be engine protection over temp error. But the coolant temp gauge shows normal and operates correctly as observed from warmup. Is there a secondary temp sensor that could be failing? If so does anyone know the location?

Replies13
  1. #1uffex2022-04-30 04:10

    Good day Appears a hot shut down maybe full revolutions ! Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Tom Ellington2022-04-30 08:05

    I have the same error code listing in my tech manual, not sure what full revolutions you are referring to means.

  3. #3uffex2022-04-30 10:42

    Good day Tom I suspect that hot shut down refers to engine high speed shut down (Bad for the turbo ect). If you have the machine in auto idle the idle speed is above what the idle speed actually is, shutdown without switching auto idle to of.Make sure the machine idle's be-for shutdown. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4Tom Ellington2022-04-30 12:08

    Thanks for your reply but I don’t understand your explanation. It is being operated in auto and the machine dies during operation. No “electrical problem” message on display but the code is there when you go into diagnostics and the machine will not restart until some time has elapsed.

  5. #5uffex2022-04-30 14:22

    Good day Tom Give me some time I will make some research and make a better explanation. Kind regards Uffex

  6. #6Tom Ellington2022-04-30 18:37

    Thank you sir.

  7. #7uffex2022-05-01 05:08

    Good day Tom Attached is what I have been able to find. Kind regards Uffex

  8. #8uffex2022-05-01 05:11

    Type 2: When the key is switched ON and held for 10 seconds, then the key is switched OFF, the display is recovered to normal. However, for temperature sensors in the section marked *, after the key is switched ON, it is held for 3 to 10 minutes before it is switched OFF.

  9. #9Tom Ellington2022-05-01 07:46

    Thanks for your research but again that description makes no sense to me. The engine runs perfectly, from idle to full throttle, under a load it is perfectly smoothe. And the temperature is normal so this error code is erroneous.

  10. #10uffex2022-05-01 08:09

    Good day Tom Is the error repetitive or is is just an indication you would prefer to delete and see if it crops up again? Kind regards Uffex

  11. #11Tom Ellington2022-05-01 08:17

    It only happens once in several days of operation, randomly. If I could delete this function I would like to since it is a repetitive erroneous code.

  12. #12uffex2022-05-01 12:45

    Good day Tom A contact has posted the information it may take some time reading, I am assuming you do not have the information. Kind regards Uffex

  13. #13Tom Ellington2022-05-01 19:04

    I really appreciate it Uffex.