Hello everyone, first time poster. I’m in Australia and I have a problem with a case cx350. It has an Isuzu engine and the first fuel filter (clear bowl style) is only filling up halfway? No matter how long I try to bleed it the filter won’t fill over halfway, I’ve never seen this before on one of these so I checked the pick up in the tank, and I’ve blown out every single fuel line from the tank to the injector pump, pulled apart all the banjo bolts, filter housings etc and I just can’t work it out, any ideas or help would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Is that filter under suction? so between the tank and the first pump? The filter seals are a prime suspect. Any rubber hose is the next suspect. Cracked steel fittings from being overtightened is another possibility. I guess I'd try using a can of fuel in different places and with different hookups to see how it will fill or won't fill. Assuming this is sucking air, never seen one that doesn't draw fuel off the top so will fill full.
Usually a pinched o-ring on a filter bowl is what I've normally seen cause it.
Thanks Delmer I appreciate your reply, I’ll have to try and play around with it with a fuel can like you said. Yeah I thought it may have been blocked up but it definitely seems to be sucking air in somewhere. They had the dealer out there because they had an issue with the injector pump but now it’s started doing this, I’ll be back out there on the weekend to have a look. Thankyou
I did pull it off to check that, I put rubber grease on it and re installed it but I’ll double check that again too, I have a filter and O ring here with me that I’ll take on the weekend, thanks for your reply I appreciate it mate