Hi guys, need some help with my 2003 case cx36. I bought the machine used from a company I used to work for who was meticulous for maintenance and I know the history of the machine from day 1. Machine currently has approx 4200 hours on it. I've noticed over the past year or so the hydraulics seem to have gotten slow or weak. It seems as thou all the operations are slow/weak, even the tracks will stall if trying to climb the slightest bit of grade on soft fill ground. Machine even struggles to lift the front off the ground with the boom on the ground. I recently changed all the filters, hydr fuel air etc... and nothing has helped. I guess my next step is to dig into the hydraulics. Any ideas where to start? Do I check pressures at a certain point? Is there a place to test press output of pump? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
So I've dug into the hydraulics a bit. I found on the valve manifold there are 3 test points to check pump pressure. All 3 are fed direct from the pump and each of the 3 control a group of the machines hydraulic functions. Tested pressures at all 3 test ports and found one to be reading about 3275, and the other 2 reading around 3050. Machine relief press according to case is 3277 psi. In order to check each ports pressure I used a machine function that would bottom out or deadhead a cylinder. Do these pressures sound about right or do I need to adjust each individual functions relief valves to increase them closer to the main set relief pressure? And with these lower readings how much affect would 200 psi lower really have on the speed and power of the hydraulics pertaining to the functions they control? Also there is a set screw and lock nut on the pump itself that looks to be adjustable. Any idea what if any affect that would have on pump output or pressures?
I have a kobelco sk35sr.2 and it is similar. I think that mine is slow cause the cylinders are passing not cause of the pump. Might be something to check.