Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota KX61-2 Track Problems HELP!!!!!!

Michael_M ยท 2014-07-14 18:13

I am currently working on a Kubota KX61-2, neither track will move. I have done some pressure checks, and have pressure on my lines going into motor. There is 1 line I have no pressure on. Neither track will move............... Thanks

Replies8
  1. #1lantraxco2014-07-14 21:57

    Try these guys with questions: [email protected]

  2. #2finaldrive2014-07-15 14:20

    Click my sig below We have a trouble shooting section in our site.

  3. #3Michael_M2014-07-15 17:11

    Thanks for direction, Were leaning towards removing final drive motors, have 2300 psi but no movement. All other functions work perfect, yet machine does not move. Mike

  4. #4lantraxco2014-07-15 18:11

    A little more information.... did it work and then suddenly not? What happened just before the malfunction, like did anyone hook a chain or cable on the machine and drag it out of a hole or something? I seriously doubt that you have had both motors fail in exactly the same way at exactly the same time, but never say never I guess. If you lift the machine up on the blade and bucket, will either track try to move in either direction?

  5. #5Michael_M2014-07-15 19:14

    1 track quit, and machine was used after that with just the one track. It was driven up and down on a trailer and got going by pushing with the bucket boom. On one side, if you look at the planetaries you can see that it's trying to move, on other side it's dead. It is unknown to me what happened before breakdown. There is a history of motor problems, the right rear motor was recently replaced, it doesn't look like a new motor.

  6. #6lantraxco2014-07-15 22:25

    Oh, okay, now that makes more sense. Rip them out and tear them down, or send them in to the final drive guys.

  7. #7Michael_M2014-07-16 06:41

    Thank you very much for your help, suspicion's confirmed. Really glad I have found this forum. Mike

  8. #8finaldrive2014-07-16 11:56

    Pretty common for the coupling, that couples the drive motor shaft to the sun gear, to get stripped. It will lock up the unit or the splines will be so worn that it will freely spin inside the coupling. We stock complete replacement units, parts to repair yours or repair/return service. We live and breathe excavator final drives