Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case CX80C Midi Excavator Thumb Control

Buckmaster ยท 2024-07-06 22:42

Just purchased a 2024 Case CX80C. It has a thumb on it, actvated with a slide button on the right controller. Getting ready to install a manual diverter valve on the thumb hyd line so I can run a brush cutter. Will switch the deverter 3 ways valves back and forth depending on which attachment I want to use. My question is. Will I have to hold the slide button on all the time to run the brush cutter?

Replies2
  1. #1Kobe Steel2024-07-07 02:51

    Hi Proportional slide switches usually return to center so probably not suitable for your cutter attachment as you would need to hold it on. Case did use an Otto thumb wheel switch in some skid steers that had a handy detent lock at max slide position. I don't know if the Case CX excavators would have this feature. You may need to incorporate your own switching circuit to run the attachment with an on / off control. Ensure the brush cutter has protection valving for overrunning when it is switched off.

  2. #2Buckmaster2024-07-07 13:57

    Thats what I was afraid of. Thank you.