Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case d 450, anti rollback valve? Do i really need this?

mmoscari ยท 2012-11-24 14:56

MY 1972 CASE D 450 TRACK LOADER has a Rollback valve to keep the bucket level when raised or lowered. It leaks, and I found the the bottom adjusting bar is missing, probably why it leaks in the first place. I can make a new adjusting bar if I really need to , but do I really need it at all? Will disconnecting it completely cause any harm. My manual states the if it is not properly adjusted it could cause a hose or seal to blow.

Replies2
  1. #1sheepfoot2012-11-24 18:54

    It's there to keep material from dumping on you, and the machine. I would fix it if it were mine, just for the safety,every year we hear of owners/workers getting killed/hurt bad because of material/rock/logs comeing over the spill plate. This is seen more in the farm equipment loaders without a rollback/selfleveler but it happens even with equipment that was build with it from the plant. You may not get a second chane to fix it. It will overpressure the system and cause hose or cylinders packings,orings to blow.

  2. #2mmoscari2012-11-24 22:29

    Thanks for the reply. I already decided to fix it, It wasn't working at all without the bottom adjusting bar anyway.