Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case d100 hoe attachment needs hydraulic seals

dirtmonkey · 2019-08-16 07:10

My local dealer wasn’t very helpfull / enthused about locating new seals for my d100 backhoe attachment, basically said its not possible. Said they were unobtainium. What ever..... Any one have any suggestions?

Replies8
  1. #1Welder Dave2019-08-16 19:42

    A seal shop should be able to match them but if this was a Case dealer, they sound too lazy to look them up. https://manuals.casecoltingersoll.c...30 Backhoe Parts Manual B1275_watermarked.pdf

  2. #2dirtmonkey2019-08-16 21:38

    That’s a great start ! Thank you Welder Dave ! And yes , lazy is a word for it. I’m hoping that Seal Co in Oklahoma City can use those part numbers with out me pulling the cylinders just yet. Thanks again !

  3. #3dirtmonkey2019-08-21 06:18

    ‘’’’’’Update’’’’’’’’. I was able to locate the seals using what you sent me ! Thanks again ! For those that may need to know , I found them through LF GEORGE.COM . Called and they were very helpful and friendly !

  4. #4Welder Dave2019-08-21 11:46

    Great! Glad I could help.

  5. #5JD88752019-10-15 23:08

    I had a Case D100 set up for a skid steer. I horse traded for it knowing it needed new seals. Case dealer told me the seals were obsolete but they could gladly sell me new glands and caps for about $750. That was more than I had on the machine. I hit up Swan Engineering in Kansas City, KS and resealed all the cylinders for less than $75. They used my cylinders and made up seal kits and gave them a part number in case I ever needed more. I sold the cheap dirty little hoe for a down payment on my mini ex. It was a pretty handy little machine though for some things. John

  6. #6dirtmonkey2019-10-16 06:26

    It sure beats a shovel. Ive regretted selling my larger hoe so I figured I would get this serviceable again. I forgot how fast this darn thing is. They should call it the super sonic fly swatter! Trading it off for something better , is in the future tho.

  7. #7JD88752019-10-21 23:59

    Mine swung really fast. I added flow restrictors in the swing hoses to make it a little friendlier. I miss it some days for some things, because it was so handy to grab it and the skid steer and go to work. Kind of a traditional tlb for some projects. I added some redneck engineered travel sticks that clamped to the rowing sticks of my machine at the time, that way I didn't have to jump back into the cab to back up. John

  8. #8KSSS2019-10-27 12:02

    I had a D100XR as well. I will say one thing, after spending some time with it, if you were smooth on that machine you looked like a Super Star on a regular hoe. I had mine for a couple years and then got a mini ex. I miss it at times as well. Pretty handy to throw it on a trailer without having to bring a mini ex to certain jobs, they have their place. The backhoe attachments are not near as popular now as they used to be and understandably so.