Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CASE don’t build them like they used to….PIC

skata ยท 2008-04-07 23:13

:stirthepot

Replies28
  1. #1stuvecorp2008-04-07 23:27

    Soo...what did you do?:stirthepot:deadhorse

  2. #2KSSS2008-04-08 01:01

    There must be a story behind it. I am sure it is a good one. I had an 03 95XT. Good machine.

  3. #3ASPHALT042008-04-08 07:45

    :Banghead Oops........

  4. #4bear2008-04-08 13:33

    I've heard of being rubber legged but this is beyond me

  5. #5Deere96702008-04-08 14:41

    :bash:Banghead ointhead

  6. #6skata2008-04-08 15:00

    someone told me that they overloaded the bucket. he was very vague. i dont see that being possible. maybe the person increased his hydraulic relief pressure?? or something heavy fell on the bucket while it was raised?? beats me

  7. #7Dirtman20072008-04-08 16:01

    Could trying to push over a tree do this?? Say the operator built up a little speed and smacked into it?

  8. #8ASPHALT042008-04-08 17:35

    What happens if you left the arms up like that on the trailer and caught something, say like an overpass at 60???? :beatsme

  9. #9Cat287B2008-04-08 20:05

    It would straighten everything out and machine goes back to work

  10. #10shane2008-04-08 21:20

    That's a very interesting photo and failure. That is specifically what port relief is designed to protect against. I'd like to see the schematic and see if Case designed port relief into lift circuit base. If they did and it hasn't been tampered with, I'd say it's a "case" of a bad lot of lift cylinder rods. It looks like a new machine-If I were Case I'd fix that under warranty and buy the rights to all those photos......too late for that I guess.:beatsme

  11. #11shane2008-04-08 21:25

    LOL you hope it was 2:00 a.m. on a deserted road and you get the heck out of there before DOT comes and makes you buy a new overpass.

  12. #12shane2008-04-08 21:35

    Sorry if that was a serious question--I don't think that's what happened or there would be more obvious damage along the top of the boom. Maybe something like a big excavator with a boulder saying, "Come over here little fella and catch this rock." ?? Sorry about posting three times in a row, fellas, but this fascinated me. Letting go now.

  13. #13ASPHALT042008-04-08 22:11

    The only reason I asked that question is if you drop something that heavy into the bucket wouldn't you be more likely just to get a good nose plant as opposed to bending the cylinders??? (Almost like machine had unlimited tip weight) I really don't see any bucket damage either. I mean unless you shot it from a catapult!! :duh

  14. #14Deere96702008-04-08 22:35

    Some one has got to have the story on this one???? I wanna know what the hell happened to that thing?

  15. #15humboldt deere2008-04-08 22:52

    My thomas skid loader has safety pins that come out from the sides of the cab up top in front to support the arms. if they were out and you lifted the load all the way up two bent pistons could result, although I have never tested this.

  16. #169420pullpan2008-04-09 16:25

    My signature says it all l l l V

  17. #17KSSS2008-04-09 18:57

    I think what it really says pullpan is that you don't know what your talking about.

  18. #18skata2008-04-09 19:25

    here is what he wrote to me.

  19. #19Goose2008-04-09 19:30

    We have seen this a few times at work. Once it was from pushing over trees with the loader all the way raised. Most often it has been in scrap yards, when the machine was carrying a heavy load with the loader raised to keep the scrap from dragging the ground. While carring the load high with the cylinders extended and going over rough terrain the lift cylinders get to flexing and this is what happens. Case has come out with larger dia rods to keep this from happening.

  20. #20bobcat ron2008-04-09 21:22

    So much for Ride Control!!!

  21. #21digger242j2008-04-09 22:03

    Maybe it stands for "Can't Accomplish Stupid Excercises"?

  22. #22Dirtman20072008-04-09 22:28

    Looks Like I was right after all... It was the only thing I could think of.

  23. #23KSSS2008-04-10 00:46

    Very good, I think there is an acronym that fits.

  24. #249420pullpan2008-04-10 07:33

    i now have another one to add to my signature thanks digger242

  25. #25ASPHALT042008-04-10 07:49

    I'll have to remember that becuase I have been pushing over trees for the last couple days!!! None of the trees though are any bigger than 6" in diameter and my cylinders are no where near as long as those on an XT.

  26. #26mascas2008-04-12 14:54

    Work in a scrap yard where all we use are Case skid steers. they are the only ones that will hold up to the abuse we put them through. We normally snap our cylinders in half,only seen a few bent ones here...75xt,85xt,450 (models we use)

  27. #27KSSS2008-04-13 14:29

    What have you guys thought of the 450. I like a lot of things about that machine but I have never owned one, but would consider it.

  28. #28mascas2008-04-13 20:55

    I like the machine....has some features Im not thrilled with but they are just quarky things...like there is a park brake button you have to push before it will unloack the controls...Im used to throwing down the lap bar and going... Second off...we brake alot of tilt cylinders....They are easy to rebuild or re-rod...but we sure go through alot of them... I do like its power,It seems smoother than the old 1845(of coarse)75 and 85's we have run.. The radiator is on a hinge system so it is easy to pull and it has a jump start post under cowl so it is easy to jump when a bonehead leaves the key on... We also dont go through as many Hubs on the 450 as we do our other cases.