Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case Dozers

HGT ยท 2016-02-09 15:09

Good evening all, First time poster, but been reading for a while. Looking for a Dozer to add to the fleet, just grading work. The Case dozers seem good value compared to some of the more well known makes, but whats to know about them? Never run Case before, but I'm always open to new makes Looking at a 1650L at present. Any info gratefully received HGT

Replies8
  1. #1GaryHoff2016-02-11 00:51

    Its a hydrostatic drive, with Rexroth hydraulics and Rexroth travel controls. Should have the tier 3 engine, so no DEF. How many hours on the machine? I have a bias towards case, but in my opinion they were good machines. If it has lots of hours on it, you may want to consider taking oil samples and measuring the undercarriage. If you give the dealer the serial number, usually they will tell you the machine history. Its like anything else, if it was maintained well, then it will be good. If not then could be $$$

  2. #2HGT2016-02-13 14:06

    Thanks GaryHoff, Its not at a case main agent, just a used plant dealer. Hours are circa 1700. Looks straight and tidy, could not fault it to be honest when I viewed, left without closing the deal to think about it. A lot of these dozers seem to be for sale at circa 2000 hrs - doesn't fill me with confidence. Im cooling on it and will probaby pay the extra for a D6. Anyone run Case Dozers?

  3. #3PowerTanMan2016-04-16 02:40

    Gary , I'm assuming you already purchased but my Case 1650M is awesome. Never had an L series though.

  4. #4woodvalley2016-05-20 12:40

    I have a case 1450b runs great but after two or three hours of use it won't turn yet it will go forward and reverse no problem all hydraulics work can anyone help

  5. #5Dickjr.2016-05-20 12:45

    Woodvalley , start a new thread about your problem , state the machine type and even the s/n if possible.

  6. #6Mountainmover2016-05-22 13:05

    looking at d5k or 650j size dozer. will a case 850 or 650 be as good or better?N GA trying to be open minded. looking for a small finish dozer to run alongside my cat 320c for grading. i have traditionally always favored CAT dozers. I like the dealer support of CAT and the aftermarket support and mechanics ability and familiarity to fix. I am trying to be open minded and willing to save money if a case or deere or komatsu will last just as long and initial cost and parts prices down the road are as good. And....another thing...when it tears up....can i get parts just as fast??? I am in Georgia above Atlanta. How good is the CASE dealer. Where is the dealer? Are they helpful? Will they go out of business every 3 years? Used to run CASE backhoes. Loved them...but the dealers sucked and the parts were slow to get.....

  7. #7mitch5042016-05-22 13:20

    Fiat/ Case New Holland sure doesn't support their machines all that well. Here, our Case and New Holland dealers suck. The next New Holland dealer is a Cat dealer, too, and they are a great outfit. The difference in them and the other NH dealer is the Cat house doesn't lie to you, they just say they'll do their best, but.... I haven't tried another Case dealer yet, but since all the parts boxes say CNH on them, I'm not expecting anything better from the warehouse, just a better attitude from the dealer.

  8. #8Shimmy12016-05-22 14:07

    Why does this seem to be the status quo?? Noob, little experience parts guys; a revolving door for service managers, things you think would be common they don't have on hand, stuff that is uncommon, they have. I have a Case because it was $30K cheaper than a Cat, I despise Komatsu, and Deere dealers are worse than CNH dealers.