Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D5C Turning Off Trouble

Zach S ยท 2016-02-09 12:52

Okay, so I got the engine back together. It cranks fine, but when I go to turn the key off the dozer does not turn off. I have checked all outputs of electricity in the wiring harnesses in the front. I need help. It's a D5C series III.

Replies8
  1. #1Zach S2016-02-09 12:54

    If you need any more details, please do not hesitate to ask.

  2. #2Nige2016-02-09 13:09

    Does it have an electrical or mechanical shutoff for the fuel system..? A Serial Number wouldn't hurt .......

  3. #3Zach S2016-02-09 13:22

    The fuel shut off system is electrical, and the serial number is located where? I've been thrown into this job with little to nothing to work with.

  4. #4Nige2016-02-09 13:45

    Serial Number should be on a plate just under the dash panel. You should be looking straight at it if you climb up into the machine from the LH track. Once we have a Serial Number I can find the Electrical Schematic for you. That would allow you to trace the wiring for the fuel shutoff.

  5. #5Zach S2016-02-09 14:11

    The serial number is; (an x thing)9DL02427(an x thing). I hope this helps.

  6. #6Nige2016-02-09 14:43

    It certainly does. I have the Electrical Schematic for the tractor if you want it. Just send me a PM with your email address.

  7. #7Zach S2016-02-09 14:57

    Pm sent.

  8. #8Nige2016-02-09 15:18

    You should have mail by now ........