Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case Drain for John Deere 35D

DIRTBLENDER ยท 2026-08-04 19:34

How do I add a case drain to the 35D? I'm looking to run a brush cutter. Not sure if JD or Hitachi makes a kit? Also I think I'll use the thumb hydraulic lines and remove the thumb when I use the cutter, what are your thoughts on that? I figure less weight will be good. I also included a screenshot of somebody with a 35G using the same cutter that I am buying...

Replies2
  1. #1mg23612026-08-09 06:05

    No, Deere/Hitachi does not make a case drain kit for that size excavator. They only make a kit for a 50/60 G and larger machines. You will have to fabricate something yourself. I will send you the 50G instructions as a guide (check your messages). Just make sure the cutter you purchase can handle approximately 15 psi of back pressure. That is about the pressure the reservoir can reach at full operating temperature.

  2. #23aaa1692!2026-09-07 17:34

    I have an add a circuit kit from mongo attachments on my 35G. It splits the single auxiliary into two circuits. The drawback is you can only use one of the two circuits at a time. But it does make it easy to jump between attachments.