Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case Drain Line (flail mower) – Kubota U35-4

Briar Fox ยท 2022-08-14 14:20

Hey y'all, I just got a flail mower for my ex and contacted my dealer for a case drain line. They sent me a line with a Tee on it. Wondering if anyone could guide me to where the Tee should be installed? Attaching a photo of the hydraulic reservoir and lines. I have highlighted in one of the photos where I perceive it would go. Any expertise greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time, Briar

Replies3
  1. #1JD955SC2022-08-14 21:55

    Any port that goes into tank. I like, if possible, to install a filter for the case drain line to run through, which can possibly save the rest of the system if the motor it handles comes apart. You will likely have to do some custom routing and find the right adapters vs. relying on a generic line.

  2. #2arathkopf2023-05-16 12:15

    I just got a flail mower too for my KX040-4. I was curious if the case drain your dealer gave you worked and if yes can you show me where you hooked it up and what parts you used?

  3. #3Tones2023-05-16 16:47

    If there's a casedrain on the slew motor then connect it to that or connect it to the travel motors casedrain at the swivel joint.